Terms and Policy
Your reservation is guaranteed with a valid credit card on file. Additionally, the total amount of your reservation will be charged to your credit card upon making your reservation and it is confirmed.
If your credit card transaction is declined, the hotel has the right to cancel your reservation, your room will no longer be guaranteed, and the room may be reassigned. We will send you a cancellation confirmation via email immediately after canceling your booking.
Cancellation fees and charges may apply.
• All guests must be 21 years old and present to book a room.
• All requests to reserve a room must include the first and last name of the adult occupying the room and a
credit card for guarantee of arrival along with a valid driver’s license, phone number and email address.
• Our room rates are always awesome, and they are subject to change.
• All rooms are subject to a 7% hotel tax, 7% State of Iowa Tax
• Normal front desk Business Hours are 2pm. to 6p.m. After 6pm the guest will need to coordinate check in by texting or calling #319.508.8193.
• The front desk staff may text your cell # and plan for your room key to be in an envelope on the counter with written information, enclosed.
• Check-in time: 3:00-6:00 p.m.
• Check-out time: 11:00 a.m.
Check-out at 11am CST
You can check out any time up until 11am CST. Later check-out times may be requested although we may not always be able to accommodate your request and IT will depend on availability and on how busy we are.
At check-out time, please understand that a more detailed inspection of the room is usually made after the check-out time and we reserve the right to make charges for any violations of our property rules, damages to the room, or breakages found before the room is occupied again.
Please care fully read our cancellation policy. Rarely can we make any exceptions to this. Our receptionists are instructed to follow this policy and company rules. So, to save any misunderstanding we would be grateful if you can observe the following:
• If the guest cancels more than 14 days in advance, the total amount (100%) of the reservation will be refunded.
• If the guest cancels between 14 days and the check in date, then the total reservation amount is
• Certain circumstances will receive partial or full refunds.
• If the guest cancels within 24 hours or “no shows”, no refunds will be given whatsoever.
• If the guest arrives and decides to leave early, the entire stay is charged and is Non-Refundable.
• Refunds will not be provided for any wildfires, snowstorms, or natural events unless the city or property requires evacuation. If the
natural event occurs within 72 hours of the reservation being made, the guest will be allowed to cancel or alter the reservation,
dates free of charge.
• There are only a few ways in which we can acknowledge cancellation of the guest’s reservation:the guest MUST contact the
booking channel where reservation wasmade (Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, etc.) and make the cancellation request,
directly through the platform, or if thereservation was made directly with our hotel or hotel website, you can contactus directly,
tocancel your reservation. 319.624.2000 or 319.508.8193.
• Allcancellations are confirmed via email immediately after the reservation hasbeen canceled.
Whenyou make a reservation, you book a room type (not a specific room, unless otherwisespecified in clear writing). Each room type includes similar rooms of equivalentsize and equipment; however, interior design can be different. Please note,your booking has not been made or verified until you receive a confirmationemail stating your reservation has been confirmed.
Afteryou have booked your stay with us, you can extend your stay (depending onavailability) by simply letting us know before you arrive. If you are alreadystaying with us and you would like to stay longer, please let us know at least24 hours before your check- out date. We will do our best to accommodate yournew plans, and this can include relocating you to a similar room should this benecessary.
We do have a port-a-crib for gueststhat need one. We ask if you are here with a child, please be aware we are asmall historic inn and loud noises can be a problem for other guests. Childrenshould not be left to run the halls and hangout in the lobby without adult supervision.
Smoking of any product (includinge-cigarettes) is not permitted inside our building. Please do not smoke in yourroom or anywhere in the hotel. $200 charge on your credit card.
We will charge a minimum of $250cleaning fee if smoking occurs indoors. If the room cannot be odor free beforethe next guest arrives, you will also be charged for any loss of businessassociated with the odor.
Between 9pm and 8am all noise shouldbe reduced to accommodate all guests. Tv’s volume down, no running in halls, noslamming of doors and loud conversations. If you want to talk in a group, pleaseuse the lobby or the terrace outside the lobby not the hallways.
Pets are allowed $50.00 per petper night:
The following dogs are not allowedunless permission is given by the Managing Partner Al Wells 319.508.8193 inadvance of arrival. If when making your reservation you did not disclose thatthere would be a dog in the room, or it is one of the prohibited breeds then youwill forfeit your room and be charged 100% of your reservation.
Guest agrees as follows:
• Tokeep the pet from causing any annoyance or discomfort to others and to immediatelyremedy any complaints concerning,
• Toensure pet shall not create any conflict or disturbance with others and willnot threaten any physical harm to anyone.
• Toalways keep the pet under control and confined by leash, or cage when outsidethe room.
• Topromptly remove any pet waste from the Property, including all living areas, yards,patios, courtyards, decks. Upon check out
• IFthere was an accident in the room, please let us know by text so we can addresssanitizing the area affected.
PropertyName: The Literary Hotel
Address:130 South Dubuque Street
Contact:Al Wells Onsite Resident Managing Partner 1.319.508 8193 Direct.
FromIowa City, IA 52240
Headnorth on Dodge Street turns into HWY #1 for 12 miles.
EnterSolon turn left at the 2nd Casey's 1/2 block Literary Hotel on your right.